Residents who lived in Alumni Residence Halls during the 1936-1937 school year pose for this photograph reproduced from the 1937 Pedagogue, the yearbook of the New York State College for Teachers (now the University at Albany) .
Students study in Hawley Library at the New York State College for Teachers (now the University at Albany) downtown campus. The library in Hawley Hall was dedicated as the Thomas E. Dewey Library for Public Affairs and Policy on September 8, 1988, named after the former New York State Governor.
Black Panther demonstration takes place at the State University of New York at Albany uptown campus. Students are seated before an unidentified man speaking from a podium. Nine students raise their fists in the air.
Vincent O'Leary, Acting President from 1977-1978 and President from 1978-July 31, 1990, stands in front of the large fountain on the Uptown Campus. The small fountain and the Campus Center are in the background as well as some students. During O'Leary's administrations, the institution was named State University of New York at Albany from August 1962-Fall 1986 and the University at Albany, SUNY starting in the fall of 1986 and continuing