Students lined up for the 1966 State University of New York at Albany commencement procession on the uptown campus. This was the first year commencement was held on the uptown campus. Deparment signs are visible for M.S. Business and M.S. Education. Duplicate of 3007.
Emmett B. Fields, President of the State University of New York at Albany from July 1, 1975?1977, presenting an unidentified student with a diploma during commencement. There are crop marks in the left, right, and bottom margins. Written in the bottom margin between two arrows is "Reduce to 10 1/2 [square]s."
A picture of C. Luther Andrews (viewer's left) and Ralph A. Beaver (viewer's right), Head Marshalls leading the graduation procession out of Draper Hall and flanked by students on either side. Evan R. Collins, President of the State University of New York at Albany (the name of the institution at the time of this event) from July 1949 until June 30, 1969 is immediately behind Beaver.
A picture of C. Luther Andrews (viewer's left) and Ralph A. Beaver (viewer's right), Head Marshalls leading the graduation procession for the State University of New York at Albany, 1964. They are flanked by students on either side.
A group of unidentified students and faculty attending an event associated with commencement. The even is taking place at the New York State College for Teachers downtown campus outside of Husted Hall. Abram (also Abraham) Roy (also Royer) Brubacher, President of the New York State College for Teachers from February 1, 1915 until August 23, 1939, is the second gentleman from the viewer's right.
A group of unidentified people participating in a procession during commencement. Pictured leading the procession is Abram (also Abraham) Roy (also Royer) Brubacher, President of the New York State College for Teachers from February 1, 1915 until August 23, 1939. Reproduced from original, which was a gift of Edward Long. Original is in Alumni Memorabilia Collection.
Graduating class of 1910 in their academic gowns on the steps of Hawley Hall. This is the oldest extant photograph of graduates at the new downtown campus. Clara Springstead, row 3, first on left, was later a New York State College for Teachers faculty member. The library in Hawley Hall was dedicated as the Thomas E. Dewey Library for Public Affairs and Policy on September 8, 1988, named after the former New York State Governor.
Class of 1907 in graduation gowns outside the Trinity Methodist Church at Lark and Lancaster Streets where temporary classes were held after the fire of 1906. In the center of the photograph are Mrs. Margaret Mooney, Miss Anna Pierce, Drs. William J. Milne, William B. Aspinwall, and William Jones; on the left are Miss Hyde and Harriet Bishop. Charles Wurthman, the janitor, is on the steps to the right.
A postcard depicting unidentified students and teachers in a procession on the downtown campus. Written in the bottom margin is "New York State College for Teachers- Commencement Procession entering auditorium."