United Automobile Aerospace And Agricultural Implement Workers of America Local 930 Records, 1944-1966, 1968, 1970-1989
- United Automobile Aerospace And Agricultural Implement Workers Of America Local 930
- Records of UAW Local 930 which represented the Ford Motors plant in Green Island, NY.
- 2 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, United Automobile Aerospace And Agricultural Implement Workers of America Local 930 Records, 1944-1966, 1968, 1970-1989 . M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as [shortened name]).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this record group is unrestricted.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives will provide information about copyright owners and other restrictions, but the legal determination ultimately rests with the researcher. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the Head of Special Collections and Archives.
- Scope and Content:
Contains minutes, 1944–66, 1975–89; correspondence, 1971–88; newsletters, 1971–72, 1984–85; contracts, 1961, 1970–87; constitutions and by–laws, 1964, 1974–83; photographs, 1944, ca. 1985; audio tapes, 1985; a published history, 1988; and memorabilia, 1968, 1982–88. Also contains the records of the UAW New York Capital Area Political Action Committee, 1971, 1977–87.
- Biographical / Historical:
UAW Local 930 was chartered on August 7, 1941. The Ford Motors plant at Green Island, New York, produced automobile parts that were shipped to Ford assembly plants in the United States and Canada. During the last twenty years of operation, the plant produced leaf springs, radiators and heater cores. The Ford plant closed in December 1988 and Local 930 in October 1989.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this manuscript group were donated to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, by Local 930 of the United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America, on October 24, 1989.
- Processing information:
Processed in 1990 by Geoffrey A. Huth .