Director of Planning Records, 1974-1981
- State University of New York at Albany. Director of Planning
- Records of the Director of Planning, a position that reported to the President and was responsible for coordinating the three-year and master planning process across the University.
- 1.66 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Director of Planning Records, 1974-1981. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Director of Planning Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
This collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
The contents of this collection relate to the development of three-year plans and master plans for administrative and academic departments. Materials include: correspondence with the State Education Department, correspondence with academic and administrative departments, and three-year planning documentation, and supporting material for the campus master plan.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Director of Planning, also referred to as an Assistant to the President, coordinated with academic departments and the State Education Department to create departmental three-year plans and to prepare the campus-wide master plan.
This collection pertains mostly to the tenure of Nan Lin, a sociology professor who held the position of Acting Director from 1977-1978. He oversaw the development of many new academic programs on campus during his time as Director.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by Erik Stolarski.