Office of the Director of the Physical Plant Records, 1974 - 2017 July 17
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of the Director of the Physical Plant
- The collection consists of the records of the University at Albany's Director of the Physical Plant. The records document the administrative functions of the office and the maintenance of the University's building, grounds, motor pool and power plant.
- 7.68 cubic ft. and 270 captures
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of Director of The Physical Plant, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York.
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
- Scope and Content:
The collections consists of records the University at Albany Office of the Physical Plant. It includes work-orders, recipts and correspondence relating to building and grounds maintenance. Documents activities pertaining to the repair and use of the motor pool, such as receipts and use requests. There are records, including photographs, used in the search and repair of the President's residence. Contains financial documents and long-term bugetary plans as well as minutes from staff meetings. Includes employment rosters and other personnel files. Also, has manuels and conference materials.
- Biographical / Historical:
The University at Albany's office of the Physical Plant is a unit within the Office of Facilities Management which is a unit within the Division of Finance and Business. The Department of the Physical Plant is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the buildings and grounds of the University at Albany. During this periond, the Physical Plant had a wide range of responsibilities beyond building and ground maintenance, including maintenance of the motor pool, overseeing the power plant, and construction. They were also responsible for the search and repair of the president's residence.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this manuscript group were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2018 by Amanda Partridge. Copies of records containing personal information removed during processing.