Payroll Office Records, 1916-1986
- State University of New York at Albany. Payroll Office
- This collection contains payroll records (salary schedules, payroll guidelines, and other materials from different offices at the University.
- 1.2 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Payroll Office Records, 1916-1985. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Payroll Office Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection contains salary schedules (1916-1917, 1926-1927, 1946-1962), payroll register books (1957-1976), employee health insurance manuals (1977, 1984), state and federal payroll guidelines, and other records relating to payroll management. These materials were created by several different departments: namely the Treasurer (for the earlier years of the collection), the Payroll Office, and other business-related offices.
- Biographical / Historical:
In the first half of the 20th century, payroll activities were administered by the Secretary-Treasurer. As the organization of the University became more complicated, these duties were shifted to a more specialized Payroll Office. Currently, the Payroll Office operates within the Office of Human Resources Management, which is part of the Division of Finance and Administration.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Documents containing Social Security numbers shredded by Miles Lawlor in 2018 January.