Office of Summer Sessions, 1919-1975
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of Summer Sessions
- Contains the records of the Office of Summer Sessions (currently known as the Office of General Studies and Summer Sessions), including annual reports, budget materials, and enrollment data.
- 1.4 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of Summer Sessions, 1919-1975. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Office of Summer Sessions).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection contains enrollment data for summer courses, exam and class schedules, budget documentation and salary schedules, instructor lists, publicity materials, annual reports, and administrative correspondence.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Office of Summer Sessions had its origin in 1917, when the first Summer courses were offered at the New York State College of Teachers. When the College grew into the State University of New York at Albany, the responsibility for managing summer sessions came under the supervision of the Dean of Graduate Studies. It later became a distinct entity overseen by the Office of Academic Affairs. The Office was responsible for overseeing enrollment, scheduling, and faculty appointments for courses offered during the Summer Session. As of 2017, these functions are fulfilled by the Office of General Studies and Summer Sessions.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.