Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education Records, 2006 September 3 - 2017 May 17, bulk 1980-1995
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
- This collection contains inactive records from the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (previously called the Office of Undergraduate Studies).
- 6.42 cubic ft. and 94 captures
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, 1977-2017. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Office of Undergraduate Education Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this record group is unrestricted with the exception of Series 2: Day Books. Please contact the University Archivist for additional information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Materials in this collection include: daily correspondence of Deans of Undergraduate Studies (organized alphabetically in series 2 and by subject in series 3 and 4), budget documentation, faculty policy documentation, committee reports and minutes, conference and retreat materials, department subject files, planning documentation for Project Renaissance (series 5), and other materials that relate to the administration of undergraduate studies at the University.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education is an administrative office that operates under the Office of the Provost (Vice President for Academic Affairs). It is responsible for the coordination of undergraduate academics at the University: including curriculum policy and development, academic counseling and advisement, transfer student support, independent study and internships oversight, and publication of the Undergraduate Bulletin.
- Acquisition information:
All of the materials in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives from a records storage room overseen by the Office of the Provost.2016
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by Benjamin Covell.
- Universities and colleges--Accreditation.
UAlbany Academic Administration
Wages -- New York (State)
- State University of New York at Albany
State University of New York at Albany. Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education