Office of Information Systems and Technology Records, 1984-1994
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of Information Systems and Technology
- Contains records from the Office of Information Systems and Technology, which oversaw Computing Services, the Educational Communication Center, the University Libraries, and other information services on campus. The collection includes administrative correspondence, planning documentation, budget materials, and other administrative records.
- 9 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of Information Systems and Technology Records, 1984-1994. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Office of Information Systems and Technology Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection includes correspondence with academic and adminstrative departments; budget files; planning documentation; networking documentation; personnel records; data access and security policies; and meeting records. The collection consists mostly of print materials, but also includes several 5 inch floppy disks.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Office of Information Systems and Technology was established in 1985 as a division of Academic Affairs to coordinate information technology in both academic and administrative departments at the University. In 1987, it assumed responsibility for the University Libraries; this lasted until 1998-1999, when the Libraries split off to become a separate administrative unit within Academic Affairs. By 2003 the Office had been restructured, split off from Academic Affairs, and replaced by the Office of Information Technology Services, which is overseen by the Chief Information Officer of the University.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.