Department of French Studies Records, 1980-1989
- State University of New York at Albany. Department of French Studies
- This collection consists of a single folder of records from the Department of French Studies and contains correspondence with Eugene Ionesco.
- 0.17 cubic ft.
- English and English French
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Department of French Studies Records, 1980-1989. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Department of French Studies Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection consists of single folder with correspondence with Eugene Ionesco, who served as a visiting professor in the 1980s and received an honorary doctorate in 1989.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Department of French Studies was created in 1973 along with the Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies when the Department of Romance Languages was split. Currently French is taught within the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures. The French major was discontinued in 2011 although students still have the option of minoring in the subject or initiating an interdisciplinary major in French.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.