- State University of New York at Albany. Department of Philosophy
- Contains records from the Department of Philosophy, including course bulletins, degree proposals, and related memoranda.
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Philosophy Department Records, 1968-1989. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Philosophy Department Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
The bulk of the collection consists of course description bulletins for the Department of Philosophy (1975-1989); also includes internal and external evaluation reports and miscellaneous administrative memoranda.
- Biographical / Historical:
Philosophy has been taught at the University since its inception as the New York State Normal School in 1844. The first B.A. in Philosophy was offered in 1963, a Master's was introduced in 1966, and a Ph.D. in 1970. The Department of Philosophy is currently part of the College of Arts and Sciences and offers a B.A., M.A., Ph.D., and a combined B.A./M.A. program.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.