Department of Geological Sciences Records, 1969-1986
- State University of New York at Albany. Department of Geological Sciences
- Contains records from the department of Geological Sciences, which became the Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences in 1996. The Geology program was suspended in 2007.
- 0.17 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Department of Geological Sciences Records, 1969-1986. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Department of Geological Sciences Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection includes workshop and conference proceedings, planning documentation, a doctoral program description, and ephemera.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Department of Geological Sciences was formed in 1968 as an offshoot of the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences. In 1996 it merged with the Department of Atmospheric Sciences to create the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. The program in Geological Sciences was suspended in 2007 and the last students graduated from the program in 2009.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.