Department of Mathematics and Statistics, 1936-1987
- State University of New York at Albany. Department of Mathematics
- Contains inactive records from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, including faculty research and publications, departmental correspondence, course materials, and planning and policy documentation.
- 11 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, 1936-1987. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Department of Mathematics and Statistics).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Materials in this collection include: faculty files (research materials, publications, fellowship applications, correspondence); Departmental correspondence; annual reports and departmental activity reports; program descriptions and revisions; course materials (syllabi and exams); space planning documentation; faculty salary and workload analyses; grand proposals and reports; curriculum changes; Ph.D. qualifying exams and Masters comprehensive exams; fliers for colloquia; and graduate theses. The bulk of the material dates from 1960 to 1980.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Department of Mathematics was one of the original departments created at the New York State Normal College. The first graduate degrees in mathematics were offered in 1962. As of 1978 it was retitled the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.