Career Education Institute Records, 1974-1976
- State University of New York at Albany. Career Education Institute
- Contains the records of the Career Education Institute, which was a professional development program that ran from 1974-1976 for secondary school teachers in the Capital District aimed at helping integrate career education into secondary school curricula. The collection consists of administrative correspondence, financial documents, and informational materials from the program.
- 2 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Career Education Institute Records, 1974-1976. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Career Education Institute Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection includes: financial records, class rosters, correspondence with speakers, applications from secondary school teachers interested in enrolling in the program, field trip reports, and informational materials.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Career Education Institute was a professional development program, funded by the Education Professions Development Act, that offered summer courses to secondary school teachers in the Capital District. The courses included lectures, field trips, and workshops aimed at educating secondary school teachers about concepts in career education.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.