College of General Studies Records, 1962-1978
- State University of New York at Albany. College of General Studies
- Contains records from the College of General Studies, which was created in 1965 and later became the College of Continuing Studies (and, subsequently, the Division of Continuing Studies). The collection contains reports, meeting minutes, course materials, correspondence, and ephemera.
- 1 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, College of General Studies Records, 1962-1978. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the College of General Studies Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Materials in this collection include: planning documentation, course schedules and descriptions, annual reports, meeting minutes from the Northeastern New York Committee on Continuing Higher Education, surveys, correspondence, teaching guides, and fliers for courses and workshops.
- Biographical / Historical:
The College of General Studies was established in 1965 to allow part-time and non-matriculated adult students to take credit and non-credit courses at the University at Albany. It was renamed the College of Continuing Studies in 1979.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.