Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government Collection, 1982-2006
- Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government
- Contains materials from the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government, a public policy research institute operated by SUNY. The bulk of the collection consists of audio and video tapes.
- 3 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government Collection, 1982-2006. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government Collection).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Most of this collection consists of audiovisual materials: VHS and audiocassette recordings of programs and audiocassette recordings of legislative oral histories. The collection also contains a small volume of paper materials relating to the activities of the Institute, including correspondence and research reports.
- Biographical / Historical:
In 1981, The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government was founded, along with the Nelson A. Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, by the SUNY Board of Trustees. The Institute, administered by the State University of New York, conducts policy research on the subject of local, state and federal government.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.