National Research Center on English Learning and Achievement (CELA) Records, 1988-1999
- National Research Center on English Learning & Achievement (U.S.)
- The Center on English Learning & Achievement (CELA) specializes in research, development, and services to improve literacy teaching and learning across the grades and subjects.
- 1.0 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, National Research Center on English Learning and Achievement (CELA) Records, 1988-1999. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the CELA Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this record group is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The Department of Special Collections and Archives is eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Includes the Center's published reports 1988-1995.
- Biographical / Historical:
Founded in 1988 as the National Research Center on Literature Teaching and Learning, the Center's scope and focus was broadened in March 1996, as a result of a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Renamed to the National Research Center on English Learning and Achievement, CELA is dedicated to improving the teaching and learning of English and language arts. CELA's research seeks to learn what elements of curriculum, instruction, and assessment are essential to developing high literacy and how schools can best help students achieve success. The organization provides that information to teachers, schools, and communities so that they can choose the approaches that will work with their students.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this manuscript group were donated to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, by CELA.
- Processing information:
Processed in 1999 by Department Staff .