Office of Disabled Student Services Records, 1970-1979
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of Disabled Student Services
- Contains inactive records from the Office of Disabled Student Services, now known as the Disability Resources Center. Materials include grant proposals, progress reports, correspondence, and other administrative records.
- 0.6 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of Disabled Student Services Records, 1970-1979. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Office of Disabled Student Services Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Includes grant proposals, 1974, 1977; annual grant progress reports; Coordinator's correspondence, 1976; minutes, 1977; and budgets, 1977-1978, leaflets and fliers; and Director's subject files relating to TRIO Project Funding, 1971, 1974-1979.
- Biographical / Historical:
The organization was established in 1973 with a grant from the U.S. Department of Education TRIO Programs (Upward Bound, Talent Search, and Special Services for Disadvantaged Students). In 1974, it was officially named the Rehabilitation Service Program, and charged with the responsibility of coordinating special services for the disabled. The Program was renamed the Program for Disabled Student Services in 1981. It has since been renamed the Disability Resources Center.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.