WCDB Radio Records, 1962-1986
- WCDB (Radio Station: Albany, N.Y.)
- This collection contains the inactive records from campus radio station WCDB and its predecessor, WSUA. Materials include meeting minutes, policy documentation, financial records, internal and external correspondence and radio schedules.
- 3.33 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, WCDB Records, 1962-1986. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the WCDB Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collection and Archives is eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection includes program schedules and logs, membership lists, correspondence files with the FCC, record companies and syndicated programming vendors, budgetary records and account books, various station constitutions, station policy handbooks and DJ training materials, internal memoranda, promotional materials, FCC licensing documentation, meeting minutes for the stationâ€™s executive committee, and several 45 RPM records.
- Biographical / Historical:
WSUA 640AM, the University's first student radio station, was founded in 1963. It featured music, news programs, and live broadcasts of University at Albany sporting events. In 1978, the station received an FM license from the FCC and became WCDB 90.9FM. Since its switch to FM broadcasting, the station has continued to broadcast an eclectic mix of news programs and free-format music both over the air and online.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives on 1998 November 17.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2019 by Miles Lawlor.