Capitol Region Center for Arts in Education Records, 1984-1989
- Capitol Region Center for Arts in Education
- This collection is made up of the inactive records of the Capitol Region Center for Arts in Education (CRCAIE).
- 10 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Capitol Region Center for Arts in Education Records, 1984-1989. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Capital Region Center Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collection and Archives is eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
The bulk of this collection is made up of VHS, U-matic, reel-to-reel and cassette tapes of performances and demonstrations by members of the Capitol Region Center. This collection also includes administrative records and correspondence maintained by the center; copies of State Education Department Curriculum Reports; as well as ca. 850 color slides of faculty working with students, performances, and art.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Capital Region Center for Arts in Education was an organization dedicated to bringing arts education into public schools in Albany and the Capital Region. The Center brought artists, dancers and storytellers into primary school classrooms to encourage student interest in the arts.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2019 by Miles Lawlor
- UAlbany Centers & Institutes