Annual Reports Collection, 1844-2005
- State University of New York at Albany
- Collection is made up of annual reports from the Executive Committee and President of the College as well as several reports presented to the President of the College.
- 0.83 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, The Presient's Reports Collection, 1844-2005. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the President's Reports Collection).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this record group is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Collection is made up of the annual reports from the school dating from the years 1844-2005. These encompass the full existence of the school, though some years are missing, such as the majority of the 1850s. The reports include the state of the school, number of graduates, financial reports, and enrollment lists.
Additional reports from the 1990s provided to the President's Office on topics including affirmative and academic outcomes are included in this collection as well.
- Biographical / Historical:
The New York State Normal School was first opened in 1844, and presented yearly reports on the state of the school to the government. These reports have been given yearly by the President of the schoool or the executive committee of the college and given to the Legislature of the State of New York.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this manuscript group were donated to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2016 by Erik Stolarski. Additional materials accessioned and described in 2018 by Miles Lawlor.