Faculty Reference Collection, 1845-present
- University at Albany Foundation
- Reference file of former and current UAlbany faculty members.
- 42.25 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Faculty Reference Collection, 1845-present. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Faculty Reference Collection).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this record group is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The Department of Special Collections and Archives is eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection was originally a file created and used by the UAlbany Foundation, a nonprofit fundraising corporation for the University at Albany, SUNY. The "faculty file" was transferred to the University Archives where is serves as a general reference source for former and current faculty members.
File contain news articles, clippings, faculty curriculum vitae (CV), and other promotional or public relations material. This collection does not contain any personnel records or private information.
- Biographical / Historical:
The University at Albany has a long history dating back to 1844 when it was established as the New York State Normal School to train teachers. The faculty have always played a major role in the school though its time as a small state liberal arts college and its evolution into a major public research institution.
- Acquisition information:
The vast majority items in this manuscript group were donated to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives by the University at Albany Foundation.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2016 by Alex Dumas.