New York State Education Department Collection, 1879-1974
- University of the State of New York
- Reference collection with materials relating to the New York State Education Department, including: convocation programs, publications, and documentation of State education rules.
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, New York State Education Department Collection, 1879-1974. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the New York State Education Department Collection).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection contains programs from the Convocation of the University of the State of New York, which was an annual event that included speeches, conferrals of honorary degrees, and the introduction of new college and university presidents and school superintendents for schools throughout New York. It also contains miscellaneous publications produced by the State Education Department, state education rules changes enacted by the Board of Regents circa 1920, and conference materials from the Sixth Annual Conference on the Leadership Role of the Trustee (1970).
- Biographical / Historical:
The New York State Education Department, headed by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York (not to be confused with the SUNY, the State University of New York), is the New York State government agency responsible for overseeing public schools, testing, and higher education within the State.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.