Office for Research Collection, 1967-1989
- State University of New York at Albany
- Reference collection containing materials relating to the Office for Research, including: planning documents, administrative correspondence, monthly reports, project director's guides, research directories, and other publications.
- 1.17 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office for Research Collection, 1967-1989. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Office for Research Collection).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection contains materials collected by various individuals (primarily University Libraries staff) and gathered together. Materials include: monthly research reports, research directories, project director's guides, a Five Year Plan Update from the Division of Research and Educational Development, grant application information, research policy and planning documentation, administrative correspondence, and miscellaneous research reports. Also included with the collection is a plaque from IKIP Padang, a University in Indonesia, .
- Biographical / Historical:
The Office for Research, which reported to the Vice President for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies, was responsible for providing research-related services to University faculty, including: grant coordination, liasing with the Research Foundation of SUNY, and publishing regular updates on University research activities. These functions are currently overseen by the Division for Research, which reports directly to the President.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.