Business and Professional Women's Clubs of New York State
3.99 cubic ft.
These records document the history of the Business and Professional Women's Clubs of New York State, Inc.
Capital Area Council Of Churches
9 cubic ft.
This collection contains administrative files, correspondence, newsletters, subject files and meeting minutes from the Capital Area Council of Churches, an organization designed to promote cooperation between different religious institutions in the Albany, N.Y. area.
Committee For Progressive Legislation
1.2 cubic ft.
The Committee for Progressive Legislation records document the efforts of the group in bringing attention to issues important to many New Yorkers, especially abortion, family planning, welfare rights, and the attack on separation of church and state.
Empire State Federation Of Women's Clubs
3.46 cubic ft.
These records document the activities and membership of the Empire State Federation of Women's Clubs (ESFWC) - the umbrella organization of New York State African-American women's groups - from 1938-1991. The collection also includes records from affiliated organizations: the National Association of Colored Women's Clubs (NACWC) and the Northeast Federation of Women's Clubs (NFWC).
Quirini, Helen, 1920-2010
50.89 cubic ft.
This collection documents the life, work and activism of Helen Quirini of Schenectady, New York. The collection represents Quirini's numerous activities and interests including her early work owning a local market with her brother, her 39 year employment for General Electric, her activism in unions during her employment and retirement, as well as her charitable activities where she pursued civil, housing, pension, women's and senior citizen's rights.
The League of Women Voters of Rensselaer County (Rensselaer County, N.Y.)
9.03 cubic ft.
The League of Women Voters of Rensselaer County Records documents the political and social activities of the chapter since its founding in 1939.
League of Women Voters of Saratoga County (Saratoga County, N.Y.)
5.59 cubic ft.
Founded in 1920, the League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that informs citizens about government, encourages their participation, and seeks to influence public policy through education and advocacy. One of nearly 60 local leagues in New York State, the League of Women Voters of Saratoga County (formerly the League of Women Voters, Saratoga Springs Area) formed in early 1965. This collection documents the operation and activities of this local league from its founding through 2010.
Menands Book Club
0.67 cubic ft.
The majority of the Menands Book Club Records consists of meeting and treasurer notes and program schedules. There also is correspondence, club histories and an information packet of the village of Menands, NY Anniversary.
0.50 cubic ft.
The Versatile Club Records document the day-to-day operations of the first 100 years of this community organization founded in 1910.
The Woman's Club of Albany (Albany, N.Y.)
23.64 cubic ft.
The Woman's Club of Albany Records document the day-to-day operations of the first 100 years of this community organization founded in 1910.
Women's Building (Albany, N.Y.)
20.3 cubic ft.
The Women’s Building collection records the formation and day-to-day administrative and programming activities of the Women’s Building and its predecessor, the Tri-City Women’s Center. The organization provided a safe space for community groups to meet and organize, and informational and educational programming to support the women of the Capital District. Inspired by a feminist perspective and driven by a commitment to social justice, the Women’s Building provided physical meeting and office space to local organizations and programming and informational services on financial planning, legal issues, parenthood, childbirth, and women’s health. The collection includes administrative records and programming material from the organization’s inception in the early 1970s until 2000.