University Update Collection, 1999-2006
- State University of New York at Albany
- This collection consists of the Publications University News and University Update.
- 1.0 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, the University Update Collection, 1978-2002. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Univeristy Update Collection).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this record group is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
The collection consists of the issues of the University News and Update, a weekly newspaper from the University Relations Office, spanning the years 1978 to 2002.
- Biographical / Historical:
The University News was a publication from the University relations Office published from 1978 to 1986. It was a faculty and staff newsletter targeting this audience. It consisted mostly of university news, news related to notable alumni, and research occurring at the university. In 1987 the publication was renamed the University Update and continued publishing the same kind of material targeting faculty and staff of the university.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this manuscript group were donated to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2016 by Erik Stolarski.