Biology and General Science Departments move to Selfridge & Langford Warehouse at 97 Central Avenue.
Search
Search Constraints
Start Over You searched for: Date 1960 to 1970 Remove constraint Date: <span class="from" data-blrl-begin="1960">1960</span> to <span class="to" data-blrl-end="1970">1970</span>Search Results
Official Announcement That The Architect Of The New Campus Would Be Edward D. Stone
1961 September 30
Official announcement that the architect of the new campus would be Edward D. Stone.
Atmospheric Sciences Research Center Established
1961 February
Atmospheric Sciences Research Center established.
Dr. Alvin Bryan joined the Chemistry Department. Dr. Bryan is thought to be the first African-American faculty member.
First Mention Of The Penguin As The School Mascot Since 1949
1961 October 14
First mention of the Penguin as the school mascot since 1949. Myskania institutes tradition of the college mascot in penguin’s costume leading the Homecoming parade. The mascot was to be a senior male or female whose service and school spirit had been extemporary for four years and that they be “...
Graduate Programs Expanded
1962 Fall
Master's level degrees offered in Biology, Chemistry, English, French, History, Mathematics, Physics, Spanish, and Business.
Barbara Gladysiewicz, ‘61, becomes the school’s first Peace Corps volunteer.
College of Arts and Sciences created consisting of a Division of Humanities, Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Division of Mathematics and Science.
James A. Warden Scholarship Fund established in honor of James A. Warden, Class of 1951. Initially a $200.00 scholarship, the award was given to a student in financial need of high academic achievement and noteworthy accomplishments in extra-curricular activities. The award was administered...
B.A. for non-teaching candidates approved.?????check above Ph.D. in English authorized by Regents. First former teachers college in NY (?) to receive authorization for liberal arts doctoral program. First students admitted Sept. 1962.