Construction of the University at Albany's academic buildings on the uptown campus. The Residence Hall, Dutch Quad incompleted sometime around 1964, featuring the a completed Beverwyck and incpmpleted Schyler buildings, South of Western Avenue.
Residents who lived in Alumni Residence Halls during the 1936-1937 school year pose for this photograph reproduced from the 1937 Pedagogue, the yearbook of the New York State College for Teachers (now the University at Albany) .
Students study in Hawley Library at the New York State College for Teachers (now the University at Albany) downtown campus. The library in Hawley Hall was dedicated as the Thomas E. Dewey Library for Public Affairs and Policy on September 8, 1988, named after the former New York State Governor.
Vincent O'Leary, Acting President from 1977-1978 and President from 1978-July 31, 1990, stands in front of the large fountain on the Uptown Campus. The small fountain and the Campus Center are in the background as well as some students. During O'Leary's administrations, the institution was named State University of New York at Albany from August 1962-Fall 1986 and the University at Albany, SUNY starting in the fall of 1986 and continuing
U.S. President Bill Clinton attends a rally in support of the gubernatorial candidacy of New York Governor Mario Cuomo with sophomore student Daniel Baich at the University at Albany. Clinton was the first sitting U. S. President to visit the school.
Kate Stoneman, Class of 1866, and later teacher of penmanship at the New York State Normal College. In 1886, Stoneman is admitted to the New York State bar after successfully lobbying the Legislature and the Governor to have women admitted to the bar. She later became the first female lawyer in New York. In 1898, while still teaching at NYS Normal College, Stoneman becomes first women to earn a law degree from Albany Law School.
Superintendent of Public Instruction and Principals of the State Normal Schools of New York including seated from left: Dr. James M. Milne (Oneonta), Dr. E.A. Sheldon (Oswego), Dr. Andrew S. Draper (Albany), Dr. William J. Milne (Albany), Dr. Charles D. McLean (Brockport). Standing from left: Dr. Fox Holden (Plattsburg), Dr. John M. Milne (Geneseo), Dr. F.S. Capen (New Paltz ), Dr. J.M. Cassety (Buffalo), Dr. F.J. Cheeney (Cortland), Dr. T.B. Stowell (Potsdam), Dr. F.B. Palmer (Fredonia)