Division of Finance and Business Records, 1972-2000
- State University of New York at Albany. Division of Finance and Business
- Contains the records of the Division of Finance and Business, which preceded the current Division of Finance and Administration. It was overseen by the Vice President of Finance and Business and was responsible for many administrative functions at the University: budget and accounting, personnel, facilities, security, and internal audit.
- 4 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Division of Finance and Business Records, 1977-1998. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Division of Finance and Business Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Materials in this collection consists primarily of correspondence, policy and planning documentation, and reports. Topics covered include: Master Plan development; financial support for building construction and renovation; budget planning; development of the Center for Advanced Technology in Thin Film and Coatings; subject files on various aspects of campus facilities and services, including: recycling and waste management, parking, vehicle operations, and custodial services; Resource Allocation Methodoloy planning documentation; materials relating to the administration of the bus service; and documentation of New York State ethics regulations.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Division of Finance and Business was established circa 1977 to oversee a variety of campus departments that had previously operated separately. As of 1992, the departments directly overseen by the Vice President for Finance and Business were: Controller, Human Resources Management, Physical Facilities, and Financial Management and Budget. The current iteration of this Division is called the Division of Finance and Administration, a name that was adopted in 1998. The Division of Finance and Admininistration oversees a similar range of operations as its predecessor: financial departments and physical facilities.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.