University Photograph Collection, 1847-2005
- State University of New York at Albany.
- This artificial collection documents the history of the University at Albany, SUNY and its predecessors through photographs and moving images. Images often depict the school's campus, university events, students, or faculty and staff.
- 4,347 items and 31.66 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, University Photograph Collection, 1847-2005. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York.
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
This collection is unrestricted.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives will provide information about copyright owners and other restrictions, but the legal determination ultimately rests with the researcher. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the Head of Special Collections and Archives.
- Scope and Content:
This collection is made up of photographic prints, slides, contact sheets, and other pre-digital photographic materials as well as digitized photographs. The materials in this collection were artifically assembled by the University Archives to provide a visual documentation of the University's history.
- Acquisition information:
These records were transferred to the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections & Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany.
Items within this collection have been organized into three series. Items within the first series, which has been digitized, have been ordered alphabetically by subject. The second series is made up of additional photographs in the collection that have not been digitized. The third series is made up of audiovisual materials produced to document events held on campus.
- Processing information:
Items within the digitized photographs series were transferred to an outside vendor for digitization.