Office of Communications and Marketing Records, 1995-2000
- Office of Communications and Marketing (University at Albany)
- The Office of Communications and Marketing Records contain video footage of winter and spring commencement ceremonies at the University at Albany between 1981-2005.
- 9 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of Communications and Marketing Records, 1995-2000. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York.
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to the oontent in this collection is unrestricted, but some film or video formats are challenging and/or costly to access and some materials must be digitized first to avoid damage to the originals. Thus, its possible that some items may be restricted on this basis.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives will provide information about copyright owners and other restrictions, but the legal determination ultimately rests with the researcher. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the Head of Special Collections and Archives.
- Scope and Content:
This collection contains desktop publishing materials created by the Office of Marketing for the publication of UAlbany Magazine. Materials include proofs, article drafts, CDs and floppy disks with photographs and other publishing materials, and invoices from printing presses.
- Biographical / Historical:
Founded in 1844 as the New York State Normal School, the University at Albany held its first commencement ceremony in 1845. The first graduating class of the Normal School consisted of 34 graduates; 29 men and 5 women. Currently the University at Albany holds two commencements during the year, one in May and the other in the December, with more than 3,000 students receiving degrees annually.
- Acquisition information:
The M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives received these materials from the Office of Marketing.
- Processing information: