Women's Studies Oral History Collection, 1997
- State University of New York at Albany
- Consists of cassette recordings and transcriptions of interviews documenting the creation of the Women's Studies Program at the then State University of New York at Albany in the 1970's. The interviews were conducted, with one exception, by Judith Hudson, retiring University Libraries bibliographer for Women's Studies.
- 0.17 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Women's Studies Oral History Project, 1997. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Women's Studies Oral History Project).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. Please contact an archivist for more information.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection contains 11 cassette recordings, transcripts of the recordings, and consent forms.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Women's Studies Program was created in 1972. It became the Department of Women's Studies in 1990. It is currently called the Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2017 by unprocessed.