Department of Residential Life Records, 1944-1985
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of Residential Life
- This collection is made up of the inactive records from the Department of Residential Life and its predecessor, the Office of Residences.
- 4.5 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Department of Residential Life Records, 1965-1985. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Residential Life Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection primarily documents the procedures used by the Department of Residential Life to manage student housing on campus. Materials in this collection include: annual reports, Residential Life staff orientation documents and policy manuals, pamphlets with information about residence halls, administrative memoranda, residence statistics, newsletters, floor plans, schedules, and meeting minutes from the Living Area Affairs Commission.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Housing Office was established in 1959 to take over responsibility for overseeing student housing from the Student Personnel Office. The name later changed to the Office of Residences, and it is currently known as the Department of Residential Life.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Files containing personally identifying information removed in 2019 by Miles Lawlor.