Sigma Xi Records, 1968-1976
- Society of the Sigma Xi
- This collections contains records on the founding of the SUNY Albany Chapter of Sigma Xi and its early years.
- 0.17 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Sigma Xi Records, 1968-1976. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Sigma Xi Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestrcited
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collection and Archives is eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
The collection is made up of a formal petition for establishment of the chapter, copies of posters and articles on the chapter's establishment and correspondence files.
- Biographical / Historical:
Sigma Xi is an academic honor society, originally founded at Cornell University in 1886. The Albany chapter of the Society was founded as a club in 1943; the club became a fully affiliated chapter with the national Sigma Xi organization in 1970.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2019 by Miles Lawlor.
- UAlbany Student Groups