Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Schenectady, New York Records, 1927-2006
- Business and Professional Women's Club of Schenectady, New York
- These records document the history of the Business and Professional Women's Club of Schenectady, NY.
- 43.2 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Business and Professional Women's Club of Schenectady, New York Records, 1972-2006. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Business and Professional Women's Club of Schenectady, New York Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is restricted because it is unprocessed. Portions of the collection may contain recent administrative records and/or personally identifiable information. While it is likely that portions of the collection may be viewed, access must be managed by an archivist.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives will provide information about copyright owners and other restrictions, but the legal determination ultimately rests with the researcher. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the Head of Special Collections and Archives.
- Scope and Content:
These records document the history of the Business and Professional Women's (BPW) Club of Schenectady, NY. The collection includes meeting minutes, news clippings, publications, programs, scrapbooks detailing the club's activities and accomplishments, and photographs. The collection also includes records retained by Club members involved in BPW activities at the district and state levels.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Schenectady Business and Professional Women's Club was organized in 1927. According to its vision statement it strives to be "the premier organization of women serving women...an active and inclusive club that fosters economic self-sufficiency, professional mentorship and resources, and a diverse network of members supporting each other, the community and those new to the area."
- Acquisition information:
Members Judy Schultz, Jean Osterhout, and Catherine Raycroft donated materials for the collection in a series of four accessions.2006-2007
- Processing information:
Processed in 2015 by unprocessed.