Center for International Education and Global Strategy Records, 1941 - 2017 May 17
- Office of International Programs
- The collection consists of inactive records from the University at Albany's Center for International Education and Global Strategy and its predecessor offices.
- 19.36 cubic ft. and 28 captures
- English and English Chinese French German Hebrew Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Center for International Education and Global Strategy Records. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York.
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives will provide information about copyright owners and other restrictions, but the legal determination ultimately rests with the researcher. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the Head of Special Collections and Archives.
- Scope and Content:
This collections consists of inactive records of University at Albany's Office of International Programs as well as web archives of its successors the Office of International Education and the Center for International Education and Global Strategy. Many of the files in this collection appear to come from the office of Charles W. Colman, the Director of International Programs during much of the period covered. This collection includes: correspondence, budgets and financial statements, program proposals and site visit reports, student program evaluations, program brochures and reference binders on the various programs retained by the Office. Materials in this collection document a number of overseas academic programs and summer language programs including those based in Nice, France; Wurzburg, Germany Tel Aviv and Haifa, Israel; Rome, Italy; Curenavaca and Guadalajara, Mexico; Moscow, Russia; Coimbra, Portugal; Singapore; and Madrid, Spain.
- Biographical / Historical:
The University at Albany's Office of International Programs was established in 1964 as the Office of International Studies and World Affairs. In 1971, it became the Office of International Programs. At that time, Former Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences Charles W. Colman became the Director of International Programs. Colman held this position formally until his retirement 1980. He remained in the position as Acting Director until at least 1985. The Office was renamed the Office of International Education before becoming the Center for International Education and Global Strategy in 2015.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2018 by Miles Lawlor. Files containing student MLA scores, health records and other personally identifying information disposed of in 2018. Files relating to routine activities including student fee payments, purchase requisitions and printing requests that are out of retention also removed.