Office of the Vice President for University Affairs Records, 1966-1988
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of the Vice President for University Affairs
- Contains records from the Office of the Vice President of University Affairs (which existed from 1972 until approximately 1990), including correspondence, meeting materials, and planning documentation on the subject of alumni and parent relations, advancement, contract negotiations, event planning, and budget.
- 9.33 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of the Vice President for University Affairs Records, 1969-1988. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Vice President for University Affairs Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collection and Archives is eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
This collection documents the activities of the Vice President of University Affairs, primarily during the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s. Most of the files appear to have come from Sorrell Chesin during his time as the Vice President of University Affairs during that period. As the Vice President was responsible for development and fundraising during this period, there are a number of files including correspondence, memoranda, form letters and mailing lists maintained by the office for various fundraising activities, especially for the University at Albany Fund. This collection also documents contract negotiations with on-campus union groups including UUP and CSEA. The collection also includes memoranda; correspondence; brochures; form letters; alumni and parent relations files; commencement planning files and various reports on the Universityâ€™s fundraising goals.
- Biographical / Historical:
The position of Vice President for University Affairs was created in 1972 to oversee various aspects of University administration, including alumni affairs, public relations, and development. The position was phased out in 1989-1990, and many of the offices it oversaw were shifted to the Vice President for University Advancement.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
Collection was maintained in the original order after it was transferred.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2019 by Miles Lawlor.