Office of Student Involvement Records, 1975-2001
- State University of New York at Albany. Office of Student Involvement
- Contains records from the Office of Student Involvement, and its predecessor offices: the Office of Student Life and the Office of Campus Life. Materials in the collection address the administration of student activities on campus, including student group policies and event planning.
- 11.5 cubic ft.
- English and English
- Preferred citation:
- Preferred citation for this material is as follows: and Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Office of Student Involvement Records, 1975-2001. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as the Office of Student Involvement Records).
Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access:
Access to this collection is unrestricted.
This page may contain links to digital objects. Access to these images and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use. Digital objects may be used freely for personal reference use, referred to, or linked to from other web sites.
Researchers do not have permission to publish or disseminate material from these collections without permission from an archivist and/or the copyright holder.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. More information about U.S. Copyright is provided by the Copyright Office. Additionally, re-use may be restricted by terms of University Libraries gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks.
The University Archives are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate information may be provided in the future.
- Scope and Content:
Materials in this collection were created by the earlier offices: the Office of Student Life and its predecessor, the Office of Campus Life. The collection includes fraternity and sorority files containing bylaws, rosters, clippings, and correspondence; files on specific student groups containing historical information, contact information for officers, membership lists and correspondence; event planning materials, including: reservation forms, fliers, and invoices; event photographs; commencement materials; and President's Undergraduate Leadership Awards materials. The collection also contains a number of oversized items including plaques and banners.
- Biographical / Historical:
The Office of Student Involvement, which is part of the Division of Student Affairs, provides support for student co-curricular activities on campus. The Office establishes policies for event advertisement, helps coordinate on-campus reservations for events, oversees fraternities and sororities on campus, and provides support for student leadership. The Office of Student Involvement was previously known as the Office of Student Life and, before that, the Office of Campus Life.
- Acquisition information:
All items in this collection were transferred to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives 2007 June 5.
- Processing information:
Processed in 2019 by Miles Lawlor